Here are a couple outfits I got pictures of this month but didn’t make into their own posts. This top one is what I wore for my son’s second birthday party.
This is what I wore on Thanksgiving.
I like both of these outfits. I notice a couple themes:
1.) burnt orange/rust orange
3.) Oh, and also grey and white stripes. haha
I think these are partly due to the fact that it’s autumn, but I do really love these colors and socks over leggings, especially when worn with shorts, like in the first outfit. The second outfit has a bit of a 90s vibe to me, with the dress length + the boots and socks and the layered look on top.
This top is designed top be reversible, front to back, with buttons on one side and a v-neck on the other. I’m happy with the overall design, but I think I’d like to try it in a different yarn. I used an acrylic/nylon blend from my stash, and the yarn’s stretch made the top turn out tighter than intended. This causes pulling on the button placket. I think a cotton yarn would work much, much better.
The embroidery is done using a cotton thread. I love the pop of the white against the burnt orange. I’m debating covering the back of the button placket to hide the thread ends and to see if it will help it hold it’s shape better. It would also help protect to embroidery from pulling and wear, since it’s in a spot that will be stretched and touched a lot.
Here is the v-neck. The point turned out a little softer than I wanted. I would handle the stitching a bit differently on the next go-around. But it looks okay.