Over a year ago, I made a post about patching these overalls and took some before pictures. Well…obviously my plan to fix them up didn’t happen as soon as I thought it would. But I finally patched them up enough to be satisfied the other day.
The fabric I used is some I have leftover from making gifts for my bridesmaid for my wedding, nearly three years ago. I just glued it in using fabric adhesive
I crocheted up some quick flowers and sewed them on.
The hole in the back pocket, now patched! No catching my fingers in it while trying to use it anymore.
Sadly, I’m not able to wear these right now with the growing belly and hips, but at least they’ll be ready for me when I can.
Oh, how I love overalls. Comfy, easy, a little bit different. I’d wound up without any and had been on the lookout for some. These are from Wal-Mart (you’ve seen me wear them here before) and while they are supersoft and comfortable, and the cuffs can be rolled or unrolled, I’ve never really been a fan of pre-distressed denim (It’s particularly annoying on the back pocket of these, seen in the bottom picture). My sister-in-law pointed out that I could patch them with crochet or fabric, and that sold me on them. I’ve had them for a few months, though, and just haven’t given myself the time to work on that, so hopefully soon I’ll have some stuff done to them and I’ll share the changes here.
In the past at different times I’ve had pairs of jeans that I’ve drawn and painted on, worn until they can’t be worn anymore, and I’m thinking these overalls might be my next “hippie jeans,” as friends and family like to call them.
We’ll see what happens with them!
Tank Top: Love To Love
Shoes: Faded Glory